Some of us love our necks. Others just wish they were longer or shorter. There is absolutely nothing you can do to lengthen your neck, unless you wish to join the Kayan long-neck women in Myanmar and place brass coils around from your neck from birth. A tad extreme if you ask me.
Luckily there are plenty of fashion options you can employ to add to or subtract from the length of your neck. Read on for many solutions to make your life easier.
To bring the focus to your throat, or even to make your neck appear longer use these tips.
- Expose your décolletage
- Wear grecian necklines
- Keep tops low
- Off the shoulder
- Open up your neckline with open collars and lower necklines
- Vests can create a vertical opening up to your neck
- Wear draped scarves and long necklaces can lengthen as well.
- Lighter colours can improve the visible length of your neck if you want to wear any of the necklines not recommended.
For further information on what NOT to do, look at the images for shortening your neck.
To decrease the apparent length of your neck apply the following principles.
- Wear turtlenecks
- Wear chokers
- Sailor collars,
- Boat necks,
- Mandarin collars,
- Closed collars,
- Short necklaces,
- Gathered necklines,
- Pussy bows,
- Halter neck tops and dresses, Darker contrasting colours worn close to the face.
- Epaulets and shoulder treatments on your garments.
For further information on what NOT to do, look at the images for lengthening your neck and do NOT do them.
If you’d like to know more about what suits you personally you can download any of the books in the Style in 7 Series. This post comes from the Everywoman’s Guide to dressing Your assets.