With Autumn just a few days away from us here in Melbourne I thought it was timely to run a series of posts that highlight how each of the body shapes should dress.
I’ll be posting the updates in this order.
Today Champagne – AKA rectangle
Then Cocktail AKA Hourglass, Margarita AKA Heart or inverted triangle with full breasts, Martini, aka inverted triangle with full shoulders, Ruby Red Wine, AKA round, apple or soft and finally Whilemina White Wine AKA pear or triangle.
To discover your shape do the quiz here
If you live in the northern hemisphere, You can read my posts from September last year to get an indication of how to build your spring summer capsule.
These are your top 5 Do’s and Top 5 Don’ts
- Do find designs that create the illusion of a waist
- Do wear clothing that skims your body
- Do wear fabric that drapes
- Do chose jackets with multiple buttons
- Do wear clothing with straight lines through the design, decoration and print.
- Don’t wear anything that is highly shaped at the waist
- Don’t wear cross over dresses
- Don’t wear anything overly full at the hips
- Don’t imagine cinching your waist tight will give you a smaller waist
- Don’t buy anything tight on your waist and loose at your hips or bust
Champagne (Rectangle) body shape Spring Summer recommendations